In the Lungau the summer takes you to a higher level of consciousness. It's due to the air, the mountains, the people, the heritage and the sun, we believe.
Following movie gives an impression of this subconsciousness feeling....
You can choose out of so many activities, life's to short!
A short list of possibilities:
- biking (some 40km of nearly flat paths around the Lungau)
- swimming (4 outdoor pools, 1 indoor pool)
- sauna's like Samsunn in Mariapfarr
- lifting (take the gondola up, walk or bike down)
- find the 11th century fresco's in the curches
- visit Castle Mauterndorf, eat at Schloss Moosham.
- food (from good food to high cuisine at very affordable prices - like 3 course lunchdiners for 12 Euro)
- discover nature in the high Alps and find Edelweiss or Alpenrose
- enjoy a coffee and Bauern Krapfen in a cabin
- eat a Jause
- motor or car touring over the most beautiful passes of the Alps like Nochalmstrasse, Malta Hochalpstrasse, Sölkpass or the Glöckerpass
- visit Ljubljana (Slovenia) for a day trip
- enjoy the sound of music in Salzburg
- have a drink in a wine bar in Villach
- swim in the Millstättersee
- meet the craftsmen in Gmünd, or visit the Porsche museum
- take a flying lesson at Mauterndorf airstrip
- let the children play in the streams
- take the steamtrain from Mauterndorf to St Andrä
or just relax in the sun in our garden........